About the WOMB
WOMB: “a sacred place of origination and development”
THE WORLD OF MY BABY™: The WOMB grew out of a passion for supporting women and their families as birth and postnatal doulas. Lorri Fleming and Angie Stenback founded Halton Doula Group on April 21, 2007 with the love of a small community, friends and family that quickly grew through word of mouth throughout Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton, Peel and Toronto.
Halton Doula Group began as 3 birth and postnatal doulas, and over 7 years and through 3 maternity leaves, the group grew to include 8 doulas, 2 lactation consultants, childbirth education, workshops and seminars, sleep support and parent coaching. As the services and partnerships with other health care practitioners expanded, the need for a physical location became a dream come true.
THE WOMB opened its doors in Milton, Ontario in June 2014. At 2,600 square feet, the centre houses 2 workshop rooms, 8 clinical rooms, an office, kitchen and living room, of which Lorri and Angie hope to create an environment that you feel welcome and at home. Then in January 2018 a second location was opened in Burlington, Ontario and soon The WOMB hopes to be expanding to communities in Vaughan, Woodstock, London, Niagara and Durham!
Today, THE WOMB provides families with support, health and education from conscious creating, informed pregnancy, mindful birth and parenting in a non-judgmental, welcoming environment through self awareness, support, education and an integrated health care team. It is a center of excellence; a place where expert practitioners of health and research provide families with the best care possible and individuals come to receive tenderness, education and love. The WOMB serves families from as far as New York State and Michigan, Woodstock, Kitchener/Waterloo, Guelph, Brampton, Oakville, Milton, Mississauga, Toronto, Burlington, Hamilton, Halton & Peel Regions.
The WOMB(TM) is a sacred place of origin, development and growth. It serves communities as a loving space and resource where families are nourished, nurtured, supported and inspired through life.
To serve exceptionally and foster healthy relationships from conscious creating, informed pregnancy, mindful birth, and parenting in a non-judgmental atmosphere through self awareness, support, education and an integrated health care team.
We believe that every expectant, new mom and family deserve exceptional and loving emotional, physical, and educational support and service through their birthing process and in the early postpartum period. The following values represent our philosophies and guide us as we endeavor to care, love and support new mothers and their families.
1. We value pregnancy, birth and parenting, and recognize them as healthy and natural physical, emotional, psychological, social and spiritual life events.
2. We value listening, compassion, love and kindness and treat ourselves, our clients and each other with consideration and tenderness.
3. We value the support of partners, family and community in all aspects of pregnancy, birth and parenting.
4. We value the expertise of other primary health care providers while maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of our clients’ and communities’ information.
5. We support the World Health Organization's Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes in word and in practice. We also recognize, value and support parents' right to make informed choices about how they feed their baby(ies).
6. We value providing humanity with the information and resources necessary to make informed choices with regards to fertility, pregnancy and parenting. Knowing each family is unique we provide care for our clients based on their individual needs and goals.
7. We value and care for our clients without prejudice against age, race, religion, culture, marital status, sexual orientation, physical abilities or socio economic background.
8. We value teamwork and respect each other’s strengths and enjoy collaborating and working together to produce synergistic results.
9. We value gratitude, appreciation and joy as a balanced way of being and we choose to bring these into our daily activities and the culture that we create.
10. We value integrity and walk our talk leading by example in our personal and professional lives by connecting to and expressing from our authentic selves.
11. We value gratitude, appreciation and joy as a balanced way of being and we choose to bring these into our daily activities and the culture that we create.