Transforming the health of each newborn, child, adult and elder through exceptional, gentle, drug free Chiropractic Care.
It is often the case that fertility challenges are associated with less than optimal nervous system function, poor nutrition, high stress and poor lifestyle habits. Chiropractors are experts in reducing nervous system interference by keeping the spine properly aligned, and allowing clear messages to travel to and from the brain and throughout the body, including the reproductive system. Chiropractic care can be used in conjunction with other approaches to enhancing fertility and resolving infertility challenges. Chiropractic can greatly improve the chances of successful medical procedures such as IVF.
As a mother’s weight increases, her center of gravity shifts outward and her postural compensations respond accordingly. In addition, the ligament laxity necessary for birthing adds to instability in all of her joints, including her spine and pelvis
Research has shown that Chiropractic care during pregnancy can reduce labour time (by 25% first time moms- by 40% second birth) and result in a more comfortable birth experience.
Chiropractic ensures that the main communication highway between brain and body (spinal cord) is clear from any obstruction, tension or distortion. This allows for ease during pregnancy as well as during labour. When all body systems are clearly connected they can work together in synchrony and balance. Some of the other benefits of care during pregnancy include:
- Maintaining a healthier pregnancy
- Controlling symptoms of nausea
- Relieving back, pelvic, pubic bone, neck or joint pain (84% of women found beneficial)
- Easier labour experience
- Shorter labour times (up to 40%)
- More balanced posture
- Reduction in the need for analgesics (50% reduction)
- Providing an environment conducive to a head down, ideal position for the baby
Breech & Webster's Technique
If your baby is breech, there is a specific chiropractic analysis and adjustment called The Webster's Technique which enables chiropractors to establish balance in a pregnant woman’s pelvis and reduce undue stress to her uterus and supporting ligaments. This balanced state has been clinically shown to allow babies who were breech to turn into a head down position. This Webster Technique has been shown to be 82% effective.
Establishing pelvic balance and alignment in pregnancy through chiropractic care helps birth in many ways including:
- Reducing intrauterine constraint. When a pelvis is misaligned, the amount of space available for the baby may become limited due to the spatial orientation of the pelvic floor and aligning features. This can affect the ability of the baby to turn into an ideal position for birth. Breech and posterior positions can interfere with the natural ease of labour and lead to interventions such as birth by caesarean.
- Allowing the master communication nervous system to speak clearly to the uterus and cervix, allowing for more effective birth sensations and faster, easier births.
Being born is tough work and there are a lot of pressures and forces being exerted on a baby during this time. A current study showed that 90% of newborns suffer birth related strain through the neck and cranial tissue following birth. In infants, the nervous system also controls their growth and development. Because infancy is the time of greatest brain and proprioceptive development, taking care of the nervous system is vital. Chiropractors will look for disturbances in the baby’s nervous system that can interfere with healthy growth and development.
When adjusting a newborn, a skilled chiropractor will only use pressure equal to that you would comfortable use while pressing on your eye. The child is adjusted by hand and/or adjustive device while either lying on a pillow or on his/her parent. It is simple, safe and effective – and is often done while sleeping – it is that gentle!.
Other conditions that improve through chiropractic include:
- Ear infections
- Bed wetting
Appointments are available Monday through Saturday. To book an appointment, call or book online.
Adult Initial Consultation: $100
Child Initial Consultation: $75
Adult Regular Appointment: $40
Child Regular Appointment: $30