Birthing from Within Childbirth Preparation Classes
BIRTHING FROM WITHIN® prenatal classes offer a soulful and holistic approach to birth and parenting preparation that integrate experiential exercises, hands on learning and focused discussion. Moms and dads-to-be will discover and learn about their inner strengths and how to use them as coping practices in birth and parenting, whether that be as planned or when something unexpected takes the journey on a detour.
From these classes you will:
- understand the anatomy and physiology of birth - what to expect at each stage of labour (physically and emotionally)
- build confidence in yourself to birth your way
- build confidence as a birth partner being an effective support partner each stage of labour
- learn about your options for a faster, easier birth
- learn how to get information and make decisions in labour
- develop pain coping practices for labour including mindfulness, breath awareness, visualization and hypnosis, use of positions, and other advanced comfort measures
- understand when it is compassionate to use drugs and epidurals
- learn how fear affects childbirth, how to identify, tame and work with your fears
- understand the recovery and planning for the postpartum period for an easier, smoother transition to parenthood
- learn how to care for and feed your newborn
- establish community resources
- experience birth as a rite of passage
Class sizes are kept to 5- couples to build rapport and encourage insightful discussion. Private classes are also available upon request. Register early as these classes are in high demand and draw families from Guelph, Kitchener, Oakville, Mississauga, Milton, Burlington, Toronto, Peel & Halton Regions.
Group classes $295
- Saturdays September 9 & 16, 2017 9am-3:30pm
- Saturdays October 14, 21, 28, 2017 9am-1pm
- Saturday and Sunday November 25 & 26, 2017: 9am - 3pm
- Saturday and Sunday January 6 & 7, 2018: 9am - 3pm
Private classes are offered at a 6 hour package for $299 or $60/hour (3 hour minimum). This is a great opportunity for couples to customize their learning experience. Sessions are offered in three hour blocks weekend mornings, in your home.
Contact The WOMB to schedule your private session.
This 8 hour workshop is designed as a refresher class for parents who are expecting their 2nd, 3rd, 4th or more babies. Whether you have experienced BIRTHING FROM WITHIN® philosophy previously or not, this workshop will open your eyes to new possibilities. In this workshop you can expect to:
- connect with your new baby in the midst of a very busy family life
- learn how to prepare siblings for the new arrival
- review of anatomy and physiology of birth
- review and learn new coping practices
- identify new and past fears and learn how to work through them
- process your previous birth experience
Classes sizes are kept to 5-6 couples to build rapport and encourage insightful discussion. Private classes are also available upon request.
Upcoming class: Please inquire!
Group classes $185
Each mother and her baby have innate connection response that make for their ideal breastfeeding "technique".
Facilitated by certified lactation consultants, this prenatal breastfeeding class will help you understand your baby's biological needs right from birth and how meeting those needs will facilitate increased breastfeeding success and parenting confidence.
What to expect to learn:
- how to establish a connection to your baby right from the beginning
- how skin to skin contact helps establish breastfeeding
- where does breastmilk come from and how to ensure a great supply
- the essentials of knowing how to express breastmilk
- what is 'normal' newborn breastfeeding behaviour
- establishing a latch and positioning your baby at the breast
- understanding the relationship between happy babies and full tummies
- what the role of partners in the breastfeeding relationship what to do in special situations (jaundice, hypoglycemia, weight loss)
- where to get support
- ask questions and get answers!
Women who are supported by their partners are more successful with breastfeeding, so we encourage parents to attend the class together.
Classes are offered both private and group setting. Group class: $75, Private In Home Class: $150
MONDAY FEBRUARY 1, 2016, 7-9PM
MONDAY APRIL 4, 2016, 7-9PM
MONDAY JUNE 6, 2016, 7-9PM
MONDAY AUGUST 8, 2016, 7-9PM
MONDAY OCTOBER 3, 2016, 7-9PM
MONDAY DECEMBER 5, 2016, 7-9PM