As far back as history is recounted, women attended women in childbirth. They provided a ministry of education to young women about their bodies, having children and healthy pregnancies. Childbearing women relied on their close-knit community of women to assist them in labour, birth and early care of their children. Today we call this childbirth professional a doula.
- labour coaches
- support partners for moms and their partners
- great listeners
- the partner's back pocket step-by-step guide book
- believe in the process of birth and the impact it has on parenting
- trust a women's instincts
- acknowledge the power of birth
- recognize birth is a non-medical event unless a woman asks for assistance for her or her baby
- understand that the fewer people interrupting the birth process, the quicker the birth
- do not impose our own thoughts and beliefs
- know that the birthing woman's partner is the most important team member, if that is right for the couple
Our team of Birth Doulas provide consistent, open hearted and experienced support to families in Toronto, Mississauga, Oakville, Milton, Burlington, Brampton, Georgetown, Hamilton and the regions of Peel and Halton. This is what you can expect from your support:
Birth Doula Package
Birth Doula & Breastfeeding Packages
Ultimate Prenatal Prep Package
Free Initial consultation
Prenatal & Pregnancy Support:
Labour & Birth Support
Birth Doula & Breastfeeding Class
Birth Doula & Prenatal Education (save $25)
Additional Breastfeeding Support
Is available both in clinic at The WOMB and In-Home with The WOMB’s International Board Certified Lactation Consultants
*All fees are subject to HST
Rates are all inclusive and can be divided into payments.
All packages include unlimited access to The WOMB’s expert practitoners
A Postnatal Doula is an expert in postnatal family support and baby care. She understands the transitions parents and siblings make when adding a new baby or babies to the family. Her role is to ease this transition for all and assist in resolving challenges. Our team of Postnatal Doulas provide consistent, open hearted and experienced support to families in Toronto, Mississauga, Oakville, Milton, Burlington, Brampton and the regions of Peel and Halton. Mothers and families ask us to:
- Teach me how to soothe my crying baby
- Provide me with food and hydration so I can care for my baby
- Support my breastfeeding efforts and help me problem solve
- Show me how to operate my breast pump
- Help me get my baby to sleep better at night
- Allow me time to nap by taking care of the daily household chores
- Help me keep the house organized so that I feel less stress
- Teach me about my amazing newborn and stand by me as I learn
- Show me how to Go Green for our baby(ies) future
- Help me avoid Postpartum Depression
- Help me look after my other children so that they feel engaged and can adjust to their new sibling AND so I have time to bond with my baby
- Encourage me by telling me over and over that I'm doing fine!
THE WOMB provides in-home care and support unique to the needs of your family after the birth of your baby or babies. Day and overnight care is available.
Your doula support may start before your baby(ies) are born or any time after.
Our goal is to increase your parenting confidence and provide you with the tools and skills to be on your own.
"There are no perfect parents, just perfect parenting intentions".
The first step is setting up a free no-obligation ‘meet and greet’ to answer your questions about doula support and ensure a great fit for your family. Meetings can be arranged for in your home or at THE WOMB.
The WOMB rents Aquaborn Professional Birth Pools!
The WOMB chooses Aquaborn Birth Pools because:
A Little Deeper!
The Aquaborn Eco Birth Pool is a little deeper than your average pool so that your waist can stay in the water even when you want to lean over the pool.
The six handles provide assistance in ALL birth Positions
The vertical anti-deflate beams
The unique beams deflate very slowly and equally, in the unlikely event of a puncture.
The top ring is inflated and deflated in seconds to allow easier access to the pool if required.
Eco, Calm and Green
The pool is made from environmentally friendly eco vinyl which is safe for everyone, even when heated.
The Strongest Inflatable Birth Pool.
Fast Inflating, Fast Filling!
The pool can be inflated in just 6 minutes with A/C inflator. It takes on average 35 – 45 mins to fill the pool.
Rental includes: 1 liner, a heat retaining lid, and an outer cover, hose (drinking water standard), and net are included with each pool. If available, included at no extra cost, are the rental of a water pump, air pump and under pool tarp. The pool, lid, and liners are all pthalate free.
Rental from 2 weeks before your due date: $250 + HST