Acupuncture is an effective healing technique that safely stimulates and corrects the flow of energy in your body, which can support fertility, pregnancy, postpartum health and many other conditions.
Acupuncture enhances fertility by:
- Regulating hormone cycles and correcting imbalances.
- Increasimg blood flow to the uterus and ovaries.
- Thickening the uterine lining.
- Supporting implantation.
- Enhancing the environment of the fallopian tubes.
For individuals undergoing assisted reproductive therapies like IUI or IVF, research has show that acupuncture increases success and pregnancy rates.
Acupuncture is not only completely safe while trying to conceive, it can be extremely beneficial and effective. Check out our Blog about how Fertility and Naturopathic Medicine go hand in hand!
Pregnancy and Birth.
Acupuncture can be beneficial for addressing common pregnancy concerns such as nausea, sciatic or pelvic pain, swelling, and insomnia. Additionally, it can be a valuable option in the final weeks of pregnancy to prepare the body for labour, potentially reducing the need for medical induction or interventions like epidurals, forceps, vacuum extraction, or emergency Caesarean births.
For more information on acupuncture and pregnancy check out our Blog – Why You Might Want to Try Acupuncture During Pregnancy
During the postpartum period, acupuncture can help you with:
- Lactation and inflammation of the breasts
- Hormonal imbalances and night sweats
- Fatigue/exhaustion, postpartum depression and anxiety
- Urinary incontinence, pelvic pain, hemorrhoids
- Healing after a Caesarean birth.
In everyday life, acupuncture can be highly effective for a range of purposes, including:
- Reducing stress.
- Alleviating back and joint pain.
- Providing headache relief.
- Enhancing mental clarity.
- Boosting the immune response.
- Increasing energy levels.
- Improving sleep quality.
- Providing relief from allergies.
- Promoting healing after medical procedures, among other benefits.
During the peri-menopausal period, acupuncture can be beneficial in restoring the body’s natural balance by acting on the endocrine systems and the hormones within those systems, as well as the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. This holistic approach can help ease symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, stress, insomnia, and certain mood and digestive disorders, providing relief during this transitional phase of life.