Regularly receiving fertility massage provides many benefits for your reproductive system. Some of the benefits are:
- Helps to reposition a tilted uterus
- Promotes hormonal balance
- Massage helps to break up scar tissue
- Helps to bring fresh blood to the uterus
- Helps to reduce stress & stress hormones
- Increases circulation to the uterus & cervix
- Improves endocrine system communication
- Encourages the liver to get rid of excess hormones
- Promotes hormonal balance by strengthening the hormonal feedback loop
- Helps the body to rid itself of old stagnant blood and tissues
Studies indicate that massage therapy performed during pregnancy can reduce your anxiety, decrease symptoms of depression, relieve muscle aches and joint pains, reduce swelling and edema, and improve your birth outcomes and your newborn’s health.
Postpartum massage can be as important and beneficial as massage during pregnancy. Unique postpartum benefits include regulating your hormones, reduced swelling, better sleep for you and your baby, and improved breastfeeding (chest feeding). More advanced therapy helps restore your body to its pre-pregnancy condition, speeds healing and assists with caesarean birth recovery through scar work.
Infants and Children
Infants: Learn how to massage your child and provide them the benefits of touch. Research shows that infant massage has been beneficial in the following areas:
- Helps relieve discomfort from gas, colic, and constipation
- Improves blood circulation
- Aids in digestion
- Enhanced development of the nervous system
- Increases alertness/heightened awareness
- Reduces stress hormones
- Improves immune function
- Releases oxytocin – the nurturing hormone
Children: Children of all ages from toddlerhood to adolescents, benefit from the healing therapies of massage. Massage has been found to be very effective for children suffering from:
- skin issues
- arthritic problems
- immune system deficiencies
- hyperactivity disorders or other psychiatric problems
- athletic injuries and “growing pains”
- depression and anxiety
*children and infants may also have extended health benefits through your coverage which can be used for this service and others.
Men and Adults
The WOMB welcomes ALL members of the family – whether you are a dad, grandma or a postal worker.